College Financial Aid Planning
Consultations Including FAFSA & other form preparation
Many families pay more for college because they were either misinformed or uninformed about the College Financial Aid process.
It is no secret that families who are well informed about college financial aid are those who realize the best aid packages. And families with little or no financial aid knowledge often pay more than they should and/or make mistakes that negatively impact their financial aid awards.
Garretson Financial can help you avoid this by:
- Explaining the financial aid process.
- Advising you so your assets are properly positioned to maximize aid eligibility.
- Providing an estimation of the minimum EFC (Expected Family Contribution) that you will be expected to pay for your child’s education based on federal formulas.
- Estimating your prior year taxes so the forms will not be filed late.
- Completing the FAFSA, CSS Profile or Institutional financial aid forms as necessary.
- Discussing the most cost effective way to pay for your family contribution.
Garretson Financial also offers FREE Seminars to explain the college financial aid application process. Of course, we discuss the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) but we also explain the CSS Profile, other forms, deadlines and how the information is used in calculating the families' Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Our ultimate goal is to provide families with the tools necessary to obtain the most financial aid possible. Questions are encouraged throughout the presentation.
Our seminars are geared toward parents of high school students and are offered at schools, businesses, and to organizations. Sign up for open seminars on our website. If you would like to schedule a seminar for your group, please contact us. We are happy to share this important information.
Please click on the links below for information needed for your appointment.